Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dipped in glitter (my first attempt at glitter gradient)

glitter gradient

I love the way this mani turned out. Was one of those totally unexpected ones that you do when you're bored and or experimenting. (Usually my experiments are a big fat fail.) I attempted to do my first glitter gradient as well with this. I used the following:

  • China Glaze - For Audrey
  • Cover Band - Sticks N Stones
  • China Glaze - Some like it Haute
  • (pictured L-R)
It really looks like more of a winter mani, but oh well. I was TRYING for more of a summer look with the ever popular For Audrey. (Which comes close to a Tiffany's blue--did you know Tiffany & Co. have a copy right on their particular shade of blue/green? No one else is allowed to get that exact color!)

As far as base coats go, I'm not a fan of Seche's ridge filler. It works awesome but if you can see the tips of it if you don't paint part of it, which you can see in several of the photos I have of my gradient mani.

I also tried shaping my nails differently--into squares. Not sure if I like it. Can't seem to get it right on my middle and pointer finger.









No comments:

Post a Comment