Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Studio M - Kalidascope swatch over Orly's Elsabeth's Rose



Yet another one of my Studio M polishes. :) I wasn't sure what the outcome of this one would be. At all. It goes opaque with three coats, but I prefer the one layer that's on my thumb. I lightened the bottle pics a little so you could see it better.

This polish looks like a few others I swatched from this brand, the Rainbow Connection dupes. Only it has a lot of gray/silver in it obviously. Mostly really fine silver micro glitters in with the rainbow circle glitters that are found in OPI's Rainbow Connection, as well as all the dupes of that. You can find my swatches of Studio M's Funfetti and Poparazzi here if you're interested.

I don't love it, I don't hate it. Props for originality though, and props for using the same glitter in multiple different polishes. I can't help but wonder what this would look like over black.

I used the pink Orly I got for $1 at Big Lots. as a base. :)




Three layers here. Little pre clean up-ish, sorry.


Ended up doing a funky french with it, too.



I think it looks best with one layer, and used as a layering polish.
Three coats doesn't look terrible though.

Three coats, pretty opaque really. I need
better lighting, I wish the pics came out better.
One coat over Orly's Elsabeth's Rose
 (sorry for the dry cuticles I used pure acetone last time-I moisturized
with 3 different things and it still drys me out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment